Wednesday, May 12, 2010

For When This Night is Over

From May 2010 in Washington DC...a Poem...titled "For When This Night is Over" from the upcoming book of poetry by Brian Hayes

For When This Night is Over...

I am tired…weak and lonely
This path that I must walk
In order to go home one day
My love…for just to talk

She brings the light through the darkness
And makes each day shine
Her love is unconditional
My life…would be…just fine

If I awaken from the darkness
And a light…I can not see
Keep me close and in your heart
For the man…I know I’ll be

For you…my heart grows stronger
With… each passing day
For I know a love is waiting
If only…I could say…

Night has come and the daylight gone
My mission… I must go
You are forever…in my heart
I promise...you’ll always know

I’ll love you always…till my end…
In oh so many ways
Let our lives be lived as only one
Forever…through these days

Brian Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment