Monday, May 17, 2010

Temptation....

From May 2010 in Washington DC...a Poem...titled "The Temptation" from the upcoming Mill City Press Release by Brian Hayes

The Temptation

I see the door before me
It beckons just once more
I'm walking down a path
The way I had before

The path it does not lead
To a place I want to be
For in your loving arms
My heart and soul…you'll see

For I have walked down
This road without a name
A mistake in time was made
And for that…I live in shame

I have taken what was precious
And cast it just aside
Time…it now stands still
And my life is on this ride

The mistakes that I have made
Have hurt ...yes…its true
But in my mind the path I walk
Leads me…straight back to you

To the one that I am destined
To spend forever with you see
Our love will be rekindled
And my life…I pledge to thee

It’s the man who knows what’s right
And where he went…awry
And the pain he caused her deeply
When late at night she cried

Knowing that she loves him
Is all…he really needs
To guide and make him stronger
In action…love…and deeds

They lived amongst so much
And been through so much pain
But a life without each other
Is a life…lived just in vain


Temptation… it’s around us
But with love…we make it through
That bridge is never crossed
As long as I’m with you

No comments:

Post a Comment