Monday, May 10, 2010

The River...

From 2006 and modified May 2010 in Washington DC...a Poem...titled "The River" ... from the upcoming book of poetry by Brian Hayes

The River

Our love is like a river
Flowing…as we go
Along the banks of life
To a place…we both know

We are for each other
Or so it’s often said
We walk the river banks
To a life…that lies ahead

The water is inviting
It calls us…deep and blue
Our love survives its depth
Forever…it is true

We watch the water flow
As life…goes marching on
We hold each other close
For it’s the edge…that we are drawn

Another could never take
The dreams…that we have made
As the water gently flows
I’ve often sat…and then I prayed

That no matter…you will keep me
Deep within your heart
As the waters flow by
Lest we never…be apart

We walk the river banks
Always…hand in hand
You look into my eyes
For it’s the life that we had planned

The path is right in front of us
Let’s walk it….while we can
With love…trust…and honor
Forever…I’ll be your man

To keep you close and in my heart
Like the river…deep and blue
Never wander from your life
For this…I say and do

No comments:

Post a Comment