Saturday, August 20, 2011

Watch your six…praise the Lord…and pass the ammo!

Been one hell of a month…long hours and even longer travel…but here I am. I received a letter yesterday about introspection, love and God. It was heartfelt and very emotional …I wish I was able to write like that. It spoke of forgiveness and the acceptance of who we are and where in life we need to be…and how important ones faith is in everything we do.
I am with the boys and back from overseas for a few days. Buying school clothes, fixing "new" cars and getting ready to leave again all punctuated the day for us. Jake will be heading off to sophomore year in college and is quite excited. He sent me an email yesterday that was pricelessless..."Dad...seems I spent all my school money on summer vacation...can you help?" He knows I will because that is what a father does for his son! Ian is 6 feet tall and a runner. ..a rock solid long distance runner! Unlike Jake he is adroit at saving money in the hopes of purchasing a VW "hippie" van...not sure where he got that from? I look at them both and am captivated at what they have done and more importantly what they will do.  I previously had written that when I am away I miss them…and now while I am with them…I realize that even more. Some contract meetings here on Monday and Tuesday and then back to the grind…more travel and long hours…and then back into the jungle…but with a renewed faith…and a sense of purpose…not only in myself…but in the boys as well…for no matter the distance they will always be with me…as demonstrated today…and we will always have faith…in each other…and our Father!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment